Asics Presidents’ Day
February 5-15, 2021
COVID-19 Protocols (as of 1-30-21)
To: Club Directors, Parents, & Coaches,
The Asics Presidents’ Day Tournament will be following a set of protocols that are outlined below. With the COVID-19 situation being highly fluid, these protocols could change at any point in time, up to and including during the event.
Playing Sites Protocols
· The tournament will comply with all State and Local directives.
· A Face Mask must be worn at all times by all spectators when in the facilities. This applies to everyone coming into the facility. There are no exceptions.
· A Face Mask must be worn by players whenever they are not playing. There are no exceptions.
· A Face Mask while playing is optional only if the two teams who are playing each other both agree to not having to wear one. If either of the two teams playing each other does not agree to this, then both teams must wear a Face Mask while playing, and the referee will have complete authority to remind, warn, or penalize the team which did not wish to comply.
· Face Shields are not an acceptable alternative for players due to safety concerns. A coach may wear a face shield in addition to their face mask.
· Face Shields may be worn by spectators in addition to a face mask.
· Hand sanitizers will be available at each court score table.
· Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the other public areas of the convention center.
· The volleyball courts in most areas will be spaced apart by a minimum of 15 feet side to side.
Competition and Social Distancing Protocols:
· No handshaking before or after matches. All teams will wave following the match.
· Teams and Spectators will not rotate sides of the court. They will stay on the same side throughout the entire match.
· Per the 2021 USAV Championship manual the tie breaking procedure will basically be based on Match %, Head to Head, Set %, & Point %. There will be no tie breaking playoff matches at any level.
· Drinking fountains in the facility are shutdown. We suggest teams/players bring extra water bottles in their bags. Players may fill water bottles in the bathrooms. The CHI Center prohibits outside coolers being brought into the facility.
· Teams are responsible to provide their own warm-up balls.
· The scorer’s table will be equipped with hand sanitizer and wipes. Officials will wipe down the score table and writing utensils between each match with the wipes provided.
· Two people will be permitted at the scorer’s table. One person to keep the scoresheet, and one person to be the libero tracker and also flip the score.
· The bench area will consist of 5 convention center chairs on each side of the court.
· Officiating teams will provide two score persons at the table, two line judges, one score flipper for the 2nd scoreboard, and one R2 for each match.
· R2 for each match must be an adult on the roster who is wearing a mask. It is preferred that this official have a handheld whistle. This official is responsible for wiping down the table, writing utensils, and flip score.
· The game balls will be wiped down after each match by the R1 official.
· Spectators will be allowed at each court where the chairs are placed. The chairs will be spaced apart and should not be moved.
· Spectators may also stand in open areas providing they maintain an acceptable social distance from other spectators.
· Teams who are off or players who are not officiating should leave the court area and find a place in other parts of the building to wait for their next match.
· On last day of the tournament, once your team is done playing in the tournament and your referee assignment has been completed you should leave the playing area. The third day is our highest occupancy day and we need to minimize the number of persons in the playing area that day.
· Teams will be limited to 4 staff members total, one head coach and up to three assistant coaches per team. NO other adults are allowed on a team bench. The maximum roster size for players on this event is 15.
The current limitations on the maximum number of people allowed in the playing sites by State & Local Governmental rules is such that based on our normal attendance at these events we currently do not have a spectator limit.
However to keep our numbers down we are requesting that non-playing children not be brought to this event. Also, in consideration of the COVID-19 situation we recommend that persons not attend if they are considered by the CDC as “high risk”.
Spectators must wear a face mask at all times. A face shield alone is not an acceptable alternative. However, a face shield may be worn in addition to a face mask by a spectator or coach.
There are no exceptions to the face mask rules. Persons unable to wear a wear a face mask due to “medical” or other reasons will need to enjoy the tournament at alternate locations by watching the live stream provide by BallerTV. The link to the BallerTV live stream will be posted on the Asics Presidents Day website the week prior to the event.