Our Building is Under New Ownership!
With this ownership come several improvements that have already begun!
In January and February 2019, construction will occur that will provide new bathrooms, a new concessions area, and a vestibule in the rear of the building. In spring 2019, outside site work will occur that will more than double our available parking spaces on our property, and improve some site drainage and water runoff issues. We are really excited about these improvements and the positive impact they will have on our customers!
During this period, we expect to be able to provide concessions as we did last year – essentially, if we can hand it to you without prep work (sorry, still no coffee), we can provide it in our concessions.
If these renovations occur on schedule, our first weekend with our new bathrooms and expanded concessions offerings will be President’s Day weekend.
Of course, the parking and other outside improvements need to wait until winter passes.
We really appreciate your flexibility and patience as you attend events during this time. We realize there will be some inconveniences as the work is completed. The transition in ownership JUST OCCURRED in the final weeks of 2018. We had no control of this transition timeline. We have chosen to have the improvements made immediately so that we can share our improved space with our customers ASAP!
Finally, please STAY OUT of restricted construction areas. It is imperative for your safety that you obey the signage and hazard tape that restricts access to these areas.
Thank You ~ MN Select Administration ~ Scott Jackson, Club Director
Additional Facility Information for
MN Select Volleyball Center
· Players & coaches are allowed on the Gym Flooring. No shoes worn outside are allowed on the Sport Court or TaraFlex Courts.
· Attention Players: NO FOOD OR DRINK is allowed on the courts or at the score tables.
· Warmups/Coin Flip starts immediately following previous match. Reffing teams must be ready & on time.
Facility Rules and Information
· Doors open at 7:15am. For the afternoon wave, please do NOT arrive earlier than 2:30pm so most teams and spectators from the morning wave can depart.
· Admission fee: $7 for adults, $5 students, children 5 & under free.
· Ball handling is permitted on the court surfaces only. Ball handling is not permitted within the center aisle / spectator areas as well as behind the boards.
· All players, parents, and other spectators are NOT allowed in The Base weight training area at any time.
· Limited concessions will be available. Outside food IS ALLOWED inside MN Select Volleyball Center until the concession construction is completed.
· The center aisle is for spectators and must be kept clear of clutter. Spectators are not to save or reserve seats for any more than a couple of minutes (to go to the bathroom, go to concessions, conduct a brief phone call, etc.).
· All players must ‘nest’ in the area behind the white boards. Upon entering, players should find the correct side and walk around the court surface (SportCourt side, courts 1-4) or remove their outside shoes before walking across the TaraFlex side (for courts 5-8). Please fold coats into your backpacks if at possible and hang your backpack on the hooks or place them on the shelves provided. NEW THIS YEAR: Do not place any items on the floor but shoes/boots worn from the outside (and place these neatly against the outside wall). Items left on the floor will be moved to open hooks and shelves by the site manager. This is necessary to maintain a proper emergency exit pathway and keeps your belongings more secure from theft as they will be visible to all spectators (and any cameras recording play).
Parking Details for
MN Select Volleyball Center
When you are able, we highly recommend carpooling!
UPS Distribution Center (our neighbors to the west)
The UPS facility is a ‘High Security’ distribution center. DO NOT park anywhere on their property. They do not want any vehicles on their property that does not belong to a UPS employee. If you do park on their property, then you will be at risk of your vehicle being towed at YOUR expense, along with a parking violation ticket.
Recycling Company (our neighbors to the north)
The Recycling facility is a fenced property. There is a locked gate in the driveway with a sign that says, DO NOT PARK IN THE DRIVEWAY. YOU WILL BE TOWED. It is CRUCIAL that you do not park in the Recycling driveway OR on the curb/street between MN Select and the recycling driveway. Trucks need space to get in during the weekends. If you ignore the sign and park in the driveway, then you will be at risk of your vehicle being towed at YOUR expense, along with a parking violation ticket.
Pipe Fabricating Company (our neighbors to the south)
The Pipe Fabricating allows you to park your vehicle in their parking lot as long as you do NOT park in the driveway or next to a trailer (the trailers are usually picked up on weekends).
Valley Forge Street Parking
You can park your vehicle on either side of the street as long as you stay 20 feet from a FIRE HYDRANT as well as the corner of a driveway or a stop sign. If you park illegally, then you will be at risk of your vehicle being towed at YOUR expense, along with a parking violation ticket. Please only leave as little space as you require between you and the car in front or behind you.
MN Select Volleyball Center
You can park your vehicle in a parking stall in the front of the building, or on the south side of the building. You can also park in the grass field behind the building at your own peril. We have had some vehicles get stuck in muddy ground in years past. If you park your vehicle next to a ‘NO PARKING FIRE LANE’ sign, then you are at risk of receiving a ticket from the Maple Grove Police when they periodically patrol the parking lot.